Tuesday, February 07, 2006

So I've had a couple of questions about why the blog is called Sehenswürdigkeiten, and what the quote means. I tried to translate it myself cos as much as I love Babelfish, it doesn't really get the poetry going.
Here's what I came up with:
"open your travel map up wide and lose yourself in the most colourful hour.
The great spectacle, which it shows, is the world - look at it"
I have an interview on Thursday for a Job I don't want, but am still revising like fury for it, and wholly intending to do the best I can. Is that Crazy??
Oh, and told the parents about My Future Plans on Thursday night - it went really well actually, I was impressed and pleased!!
Also really enjoyed ER last night. Not sure why, but it was a really good episode. I like Neela a lot, but can't wait for Gallant to get his ass back from Iraq and cheer her up a bit! The new Doctor confused me slightly cos I knew I recognised him. He is John Leguizamo and has been in several things. I think I actually recognised him from Regarding Henry, but he was also Toulouse Lautrec in Moulin Rouge! which channel 5 showed on sunday night.

1 comment:

GWIP said...

Yey for telling parents future plans!! Im very pleased that they were happy.

Also, I think the questions about the name wont dissapear in a hurry - but then you must have expected that...

Hope the interview goes well, Im sure it will but regardless youve had a nice meal and a day out the office. Thats got to be worth a little swotting.

As for GAP, i wouldnt be concerned about the slow response. Im sure theyre just very busy at the moment.

Will be in touch tonight to see how things went.