Sunday, February 19, 2006



Slow-cooked Lamb Shanks

On friday night, C and I had our valentine's meal, and because he loves lamb i though i would do shanks - plus they're cheap!

After lots of recipe book reading (what a chore!) I decided on the one from Jamie Oliver's Naked Chef. This turned out to be a very good choice as the Lamb was outstanding!

The meat was 'fall off the bone' tender and the tomatoey sauce lent a subtle fruitiness which set off the lamby flavour beautifully.

After i bought the shanks i looked up their points valur in my little book and nearly passed out - 18 points!! On second inspection it turned out that the shanks i had bought were much lighter and more like 12 points. Therefore i chnaged my plan of serving them with creamy garlic mash and did myself some roasted butternut squash (free). I still did a big pile of mash for C, of course!

Jamie's Luscious Lamb Shanks

my recipie here

1 comment:

GWIP said...

Wow. They looks yummy.

Shame you havent put your recipe up yet though....

Bet they'd go good with a nice bottle of Red Wine, the 2003 Tim Adams Shiraz is meant to be very good, id finnish it off with a nice pudding though.

Some cake might be nice, Ooooh for some cupcakes....